Experienced Illinois Attorney

x Rene Hernandez Five Star Reviews

Why You Need
The Law Office of
Rene Hernandez, P.C

Law Office of Rene Hernandez, P.C., has been successfully representing

clients for over 25 years. Thousands of clients, hundreds of hearings and over 40 jury trials. Attorney Hernandez has made appellate case law

for both federal and state courts. He has also successfully argued before the Illinois Supreme Court. The sooner you have a plan of action, the better your chances of taking the correct steps to get the results you want.

Our Blogs

How to Find the Best Criminal Defense Attorney and Law Firm?

How to Find the Best Criminal Defense Attorney and Law Firm?

When facing a criminal charge, it is very important to have excellent legal representation. Hiring...
Read More

Practice Areas

Experienced Attorney in Illinois

Attorney Hernandez is always in your corner and available to respond to any questions you may have. Know that his 25 years of experience and extensive trial work can help you.

He is licensed in the State of Illinois, Federal Courts of Northern and Central Illinois and all of Wisconsin, in addition to the United States Supreme Court.


CALL US 24/7



Schedule a Consultation

What People Say

Frequently Asked Questions

The Law Office of Rene Hernandez, P.C. in Rockford, IL is a professional corporation concentrating in criminal defense, civil rights violations, small business, and corporate support.

When can I be charged with DUI?

You can be charged with a DUI if you are 21 or older and driving with a BAC of .08% or higher. If you are under 21 years old and driving with any BAC level, you can be charged with a DUI because Illinois is a zero tolerance state. You can also be charged with DUI if you drive with a THC blood concentration of 5 nanograms or more per milliliter of blood.

Is a DUI a felony or a misdemeanor in Illinois?

It can be either. A driver can be arrested for a DUI if his or her blood-alcohol level is .08% or above. First and second offenses are Class A misdemeanors. A DUI can be a felony in Illinois is a felony when it is a third offense or greater. This means a DUI can result in up to seven years in prison and 48 months of probation. Fines, fees, and mandates treatment requirements are also greater when a DUI is a felony.

What are the most common drugs involved in drug possession cases?

The most common drugs involved in drug possession cases include cocaine, marijuana or weed, crack cocaine, methamphetamine or meth, heroin, opium, ecstasy, LSD, PCP, and psilocybin mushrooms. There are also instances in which people are arrested for having high quantities of ingredients or chemicals that are used to manufacture illegal drugs. It is also possible that a person without a prescription for or with a high quantity of a legal drug could be arrested.

What are the usual penalties for drug possession in Illinois?

Penalties for drug possession vary in Illinois based on the drug and the amount in possession. Whether or not and what type of paraphernalia was found at the time of arrest might also play a role in the penalty. In most cases, penalties include fines, drug counseling, and sometimes jail time. For example, in Illinois, a possession of less than 1 gram of cocaine or heroin is a Class 4 felony. This results in a sentence of probation or a range of 1 to 3 years in jail.

How do I know if I am a victim of employment discrimination?

Though laws have been created to clarify what counts as employment discrimination, when it comes to applying those laws things can still seem muddled. An employer treating an employee poorly is not necessarily discrimination, but it can be. Poor treatment becomes discrimination when an employer takes action based on an employee's race, gender, ethnicity, disability, creed, national origin, familial status, or veteran status. These are protected classes and cannot be the basis of employment decisions.

Can the police use force to arrest you?

Police are legally allowed to use force in situations in which a person is refusing arrested. The degree of force must be reasonable, which means it can be enough to arrest you and nothing more. How much is necessary tends to be subjective and varies from person to person and situation to situation. To determine what is necessary, they must consider what was needed to protect both the public and themselves.

What should I do after an accident?

Your first priority after an accident is to seek emergency medical attention if it is needed. If there are no medical emergencies, you should remain at the scene and contact law enforcement by calling 911. You should exchange insurance information with other people involved in the accident and makes notes and take pictures of the accident scene. Under no circumstances should you admit fault. It is also advised to seek medical attention once the scene is secured even if you do not believe your injuries to be serious.

Do I need to call the police after an accident?

You are not necessarily required to call the police after an accident, but it is a good idea to do so. This begins a paper trail and ensures that the scene of the accident is secured. Having a police report from the scene of the accident provides information later for insurance companies. It can also support any necessary legal action resulting from the accident. If you call 911 for medical assistance at the scene police will automatically show up.

Can anything I say to the police after a car accident be used against me?

Yes. It is best to give the officer who arrives at the scene of the accident your contact information and your insurance information and say as little as possible otherwise. You can describe the facts of the accident, but avoid saying anything that could make you look responsible. And if your actions did play a role in causing the accident you should never admit fault to the police.

Can a nursing home be responsible for my loved one's injuries?

Yes, absolutely. There are many instances in which neglect or intentionally abusive treatment has occurred in a nursing home facility and it has resulted in the injury and even death of residents. When this occurs, loved ones have the right to take legal action on behalf of someone who was injured or killed in a nursing home. If you believe there to be a problem with a loved one’s living conditions in a nursing home, alert those in charge immediately. You should also take notes and photographers and speak to an attorney if the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction.

Contact Us

Attorney Hernandez has been practicing for 25 years and has a proven track record of success. He will use that experience to help you down a path to the results you need. Schedule your consultation today.

    © 2023 by Rene Hernandez All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

    This privacy policy applies to information collected online from users of this website. In this policy, you can learn what kind of information we collect, when and how we might use that information, how we protect the information, and the choices you have with respect to your personal information.

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.